Friday, June 12, 2009

AUTHOR SPOTLIGHT: EVA GORDON



1.) Hi, Eva. Why don't you introduce yourself and tell us a little about you. I write fantasy and paranormal novels with a strong romantic element. My debut fantasy, The Stone of the Tenth Realm, was published summer 2008 by a small UK Press, Libros International. A second fantasy, Gaia’s Keeper, soon to be published is forth coming by my new publisher Vanilla Heart Publishing. I have written the sequel to The Stone of the Tenth Realm, Alchemist of the Tenth Realm. Werewolf Sanctuary is Book 1 in my epic Wolf Maiden Chronicles, a paranormal romance series involving male alpha lycans and their human mates known as wolf maidens. Werewolf Sanctuary is a contemporary that will lead to all the other historical paranormal tales(Werehistoricals) in the Wolf Maiden Chronicles. Book 2 in the series, Beast Warrior, takes place during the Viking era. Book 3 follows with White Wolf of Avalon. I love to create stories that combine my passion for mythology, romance and werewolf lore. I have a BS in Zoology and graduate studies in Biology. I have taught high school Biology, Environmental Science and Anatomy/Physiology. I also moonlight as a faculty member of the Grey School of Wizardry, an online school for kids and adults interested in magic and lore. A member of Romance Writers of America, I have also taught workshops on wolf lore and falconry for writer groups. I have volunteered at a wolf sanctuary and other wildlife rehab organizations.

2.) What's your favorite food? Thai, Chinese and Sushi.

3.) What's currently on your iPod/mp3 player/cd player? I listen to music while I write so I have thousands and the list is long. I love Metallica, Kamelot, Medieval Babes, Dragon Force, New Age, World Music and Sound Tracks. When I’m writing a scene I listen to music that provides good background music. CCR, ‘Better Run Through the Jungle’ was perfect when I wrote a bloody scene with my bad Bayou werewolf in Werewolf Sanctuary.

4.) Describe a typical (or non-typical) writing day? I wake up, check e-mails, go on a run with my standard poodle, then write for 4-6 hrs, more or less. Each day will be different due to my other activities.

5.) What's the biggest lie you've ever told? Called in sick from teaching one day because it was a beautiful day to ride my Arabian Gelding. I rode along a main road and my students going to a soccer game saw me. Busted! They laughed the next day because the sub told them I had the stomach flu.

6.) What's your favorite setting from one of your novels? There are many. One of my favorites is when my main character Sophie, from my fantasy The Stone of the Tenth Realm, escapes a concentration camp and ends up in the Beastiary, a magical forest, a world of an alternate Earth.

In Werewolf Sanctuary it’s the first scene when Wyatt, the alpha werewolf discovers that brilliant wolf biologist/vet and vegetarian, Madeline has the mark of the lycan wolf.

7.) What do you think makes the idea heroine/hero? Someone who has the same flaws we all do yet changes for the better. Growth. Someone who will heroic deeds for the greater good despite the risks. My heroines are intelligent,feisty and driven to accomplish a particular purpose. My heroes are alpha males, strong, hot looking, possessive and protective. A man you want around when the apocalypse happens.

8.) What are you working on at the moment? I’m cleaning up my third book in the Wolf Maiden Chronicles, White Wolf of Avalon(480 AD) and researching book 4, which will take place in Ancient Rome.

9.) Are you a panster? A planner? A planster? Which method works best for you? Why? A panster, big time! The story leaps out of my brain and unfolds on the computer. Then I go back and outline, write up the characters, etc.. If I have to follow a plan, there is no plan. My mind sees a movie and I just write it down. I wish I can interphase my brain with a computer and just program the movie, actors and all.

10.) Any new releases coming up? Book 2 in my Wolf Maiden Chronicles, Beast Warrior is due in July. This is the first of my werehistoricals. It takes place during the Viking Era, 840 AD. Can a nice Frankish wolf maiden find love with a Viking Wolfskin (werewolf), despite her evil Frankish lycan fiancé? And what about the enemy Bearskins (Bear men) who want to destroy all lycans?


Werewolf Sanctuary - Book 1 of the Wolf Maiden Chronicles

By Eva Gordon


Werewolf Sanctuary, an action packed romance between an alpha male lycan, and his wolf maiden. The first in a series titled, The Wolf Maiden Chronicles, each depicts historical romances between alpha Males and their human wolf maidens.

Since ancient times, the Lupercal Council has kept their people’s werewolf identity a well-guarded secret. Referring to their kind as lycans, they shift into a bear-sized wolf, bearing unique markings reminiscent of Maori or Celtic tattoos. The pack shifts during the full moon and are under the control of their alpha male leader. The alpha
male and alpha female are not bound by the full moon and can shift at will. Lycans can only breed with their kind. The exception are the alpha males, which can only mate with human women known as wolf maidens, who bear the five-toed paw print or mark of the wolf on their left hip.

The story begins with Lupercal society in peril due to an unknown disease infecting their young offspring. The children who do survive the pestilence, shift too early into wolf cubs, lose their distinct markings, and end up becoming normal wolves, unaware of their human consciousness. Normally immune to most known diseases, the Lupercal has few of their own doctors and must seek the help of a human outsider to find the cure.

Wyatt Weylin, alpha male of the Montana pack, and leader of a team of mercenary lycans, flies to a World Wolf Conference in San Francisco, where he hopes to convince leading authority on wolf diseases, veterinarian Dr. Madeline Styles to come to his wolf sanctuary and find a cure. The minute he sees her he feels drawn to her striking good looks. The sensory chemistry is instant. He tries to suppress the feeling, knowing that he is forbidden to fall for a human. Wyatt discovers that the vegetarian animal doctor has the mark of the wolf and he claims her as his life mate. Madeline slowly learns about Wyatt’s true nature and the fact that she has been claimed, and like all lycans, wolf maidens are microchipped to prevent escape. She is told that she
has three moons to decide if Wyatt is the right alpha for her, and if not, she must choose another. However, she can never leave their society. Angered and confused she first balks at the idea until she witnesses the entire pact shift, and learns that her own grandmother was a wolf maiden who lost the alpha mate and love of her life. Feeling the strong connection with Wyatt, she decides to pursue the cure to the
lycan cub disease. To complicate matters Bisclavaret, Wyatt’s enemy and bad alpha lycan from the Bayou, is determined to make Madeline his wolf maiden, one way or another.

Reviews for Werewolf Sanctuary



Werewolf Sanctuary by Eva Gordon
Paranormal Romance- May 6th, 2009
4 stars

I typically tend to be more passionate about reading vampire novels when it comes to the supernatural fiction collection. But I could not help but become intrigued with this shifter book! It had all the elements that grab your attention. I found it an exhilarating page turner from the beginning to end.

Werewolf Sanctuary begins with a burst of action that kept me hooked! The author keeps the reader engrossed by explaining the main character’s (Wyatt Weylyn) origin which was highly fascinating. At Wyatt’s wolf sanctuary, the wolf cubs have been succumbing to various ailments including death. Wyatt is on a mission to hopefully cure and resolve this issue.

Maddie is a doctor in the biology of wolves and has a specialty in their diseases as well. She was a wonderful character. I felt deeply connected to her since she went through what many single women go through before they find their soul mates. I particularly was attracted to Maddie’s down to earth personality and courage handling sudden new changes to her life in ways she never expected to happen.

How do their lives intertwine? You MUST read it to find out. This is a guaranteed enjoyable read! There is a generous amount of romance, action, intrigue and paranormal that will keep you energized and wanting more!

Reviewed by Monica from the Bookaholics Romance Book Club



Werewolf Sanctuary is an amazing tale,intriguing and oh so believable - from the first paragraph to the last, this story is an entertaining journey into the the lycan world...the characters have such defined and believable personalities - the surroundings are so beautifully shared - Werewolf Sanctuary has more than enough to give readers a page turner, satisfying experience. I look forward to more of the Wolf Maiden Chronicles... Kathy Dement, beta reader


Wolf Support Opportunity!

To celebrate the release of the first novel in Eva Gordon’s Wolf Maiden Chronicle Series, Eva Gordon and Vanilla Heart Publishing donated $1 per copy sold during launch party week to Howling Acres Wolf Sanctuary, where Charlie and Sherrie LaBat have maintained a wolf sanctuary since 1991, committed to wolves in need of a permanent, safe haven. She plans to donate a portion for the release of each wolf maiden novel.


I write fantasy and paranormal novels with a strong romantic element. Her debut fantasy, The Stone of the Tenth Realm, was published summer 2008 by a small UK Press, Libros International. A second fantasy, Gaia’s Keeper, soon to be published is forth coming. I have written the sequel to The Stone of the Tenth Realm, Alchemist of the Tenth Realm. Werewolf Sanctuary is Book 1 in her epic Wolf Maiden Chronicles, a paranormal romance series involving male alpha lycans and their human mates known as wolf maidens. Werewolf Sanctuary is a contemporary that will lead to all the other historical paranormal tales in the Wolf Maiden Chronicles. Book 2 in the series, Beast Warrior, takes place during the Viking era. Book 3 follows with White Wolf of Avalon. I love to create stories that combine her passion for mythology, romance and werewolf lore. I have a BS in Zoology and graduate studies in Biology. I have taught high school Biology, Environmental Science and Anatomy/Physiology. Her background in science and her passion for wildlife biology adds credibility to her writings. I also moonlights as a faculty member of the Grey School of Wizardry, an online school for kids and adults interested in magic and lore. A member of Romance Writers of America, I have also taught workshops on wolf lore and falconry for writer groups. I have volunteered at a wolf sanctuary and other wildlife rehab organizations.

.

Eva Gordon

Author of Paranormal and Fantasy Romance

http://www.ravenauthor.com

http://www.vanillaheartbooksandauthors.com/Eva_Gordon_WKIK.html

http://www.amazon.com/s/ref=nb_ss_b?url=search-alias%3Dstripbooks&field-keywords=Werewolf+Sanctuary+by+Eva+Gordon&x=7&y=18

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Jyudh6g4ls8

My Amazon store, The Wolf’s Den Bookstore http://astore.amazon.com/autevagor-20


No comments:

Post a Comment